Advances in non-surgical skin rejuvenation have developed multiple ways to combat visible signs of aging, including a variety of injectables and dermal fillers. At Carolina Plastic Surgery, we can correct aging skin from the forehead to the area underneath your chin with clinically proven, long-lasting results.
These injectables are in a class known as neuromodulators, which target specific facial muscles and relax the underlying muscle activity that causes moderate to severe crow’s feet and forehead lines. Dr. Saini can expertly smooth your wrinkles around the eyes and forehead without compromising your natural beauty or appearance. Neuromodulators are derived from the botulinum molecule and can have results that last for several months.
One of the most popular options for non-surgical skin rejuvenation, dermal fillers are injected just below the skin and are comprised of natural substances such as hyaluronic acid. Fillers are designed to restore volume that has been lost during the aging process, and we have dermal fillers for all of your aesthetic concerns at Carolina Plastic Surgery:
- Juvederm: One of the most stable formulations of hyaluronic acid on the market for the correction of moderate to severe lines around the nose and mouth
- Juvederm Voluma: The first FDA-approved dermal filler to correct sunken or hollow cheeks and restore volume to the midface
- Radiesse: A formulation of calcium microspheres in a gel carrier, Radiesse provides an immediate lift to the skin and also promotes the production of your own collagen for subtle improvements over time even after the filler has been absorbed.
- Restylane and Restylane Silk: These hyaluronic acid formulations smooth moderate to severe lines around the nose and mouth and are also approved for subtle lip augmentation in patients with thinning lips.
- Belotero: For stubborn, etched-in lines, this dermal filler has the unique ability to completely integrate into skin tissue for seamless line smoothing.
- Versa: This hyaluronic acid-based filler is perfect for moderate to severe facial wrinkles. If you are looking to smooth away nasolabial folds, Versa is the perfect solution! Versa is safe, efficient and leaves our patients saying “wow”.
Results may vary, and multiple treatment sessions may be necessary depending on your condition and goals. During your consultation with Dr. Saini, multiple factors will be discussed to determine if our injectables and fillers are right for you.
According to the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, roughly 70 percent of men and women are dissatisfied with the appearance of submental fullness, or a “double chin.” Our safe and effective Kybella injections are administered into the fatty tissue of the submental area and permanently destroy fat cells with a unique deoxycholic acid formulation, creating a tighter, more elevated chin and jawline.
Contact Carolina Plastic Surgery today to schedule a consultation and learn more about the benefits of injectables and fillers.
Pre Treatment Instructions for Filler
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages at-least 24 hours prior to treatment ( alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bleeding)
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications possibly for a period of 2 weeks before treatment medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, ginkgo, biloba, ginseng, St. John’s wort, omega-3/fish oil supplements, ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, and other NSAIDs have blood thinning effect and increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
- Schedule a Dermal filler and botox appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation. Results from the dermal filler and Botox injection will take approximately 7 to 14 days to appear. Also bruising and swelling may be apparent for 2-3 weeks.
- Discontinue Retin-A, 7 days before and 7 days after treatment.
- Reschedule your appointment if you have a rash, or call score or blemish on the area of treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores please let us know. We may put you on an antiviral medication prior to treatment.
- Be sure to have a good breakfast, including food and drink before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- We will take all make-up off your on your face prior to the treatment. You will wash your face with anti-bacterial soap and water. We will then further cleanse your face with a dilute Betadine solution. Please verify all your allergies with us on the day of treatment. Please let us know if there has been any change in your medications or your past medical history since your last visit with us.
Post Treatment Instructions for Filler
- Avoid significant movement or massage of the treated area for at least 7 days.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 72 hours.
- Avoid extensive sun or heat for 72 hours.
- Avoid consuming excessive amounts of alcohol or salt to avoid excessive swelling.
- If you have swelling you may apply a cool compress for 15 minutes each hour. Check the skin periodically while using cold compresses.
- Use Tylenol for discomfort if you are not allergic to it.
- Try to sleep with face up and slightly elevated if you experience swelling.
- If you have any questions of concerns, you can call at (910) 323-1234 or email us.