To download any of our brochures or patient forms, please click below.
- Welcome Plastic Surgeon Dr. Saira Saini
Pre Treatment Instructions for Filler
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages at-least 24 hours prior to treatment ( alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bleeding)
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications possibly for a period of 2 weeks before treatment medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, ginkgo, biloba, ginseng, St. John’s wort, omega-3/fish oil supplements, ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, and other NSAIDs have blood thinning effect and increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
- Schedule a Dermal filler and botox appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation. Results from the dermal filler and Botox injection will take approximately 7 to 14 days to appear. Also bruising and swelling may be apparent for 2-3 weeks.
- Discontinue Retin-A, 7 days before and 7 days after treatment.
- Reschedule your appointment if you have a rash, or call score or blemish on the area of treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores please let us know. We may put you on an antiviral medication prior to treatment.
- Be sure to have a good breakfast, including food and drink before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- We will take all make-up off your on your face prior to the treatment. You will wash your face with anti-bacterial soap and water. We will then further cleanse your face with a dilute Betadine solution. Please verify all your allergies with us on the day of treatment. Please let us know if there has been any change in your medications or your past medical history since your last visit with us.
Post Treatment Instructions for Filler
- Avoid significant movement or massage of the treated area for at least 7 days.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 72 hours.
- Avoid extensive sun or heat for 72 hours.
- Avoid consuming excessive amounts of alcohol or salt to avoid excessive swelling.
- If you have swelling you may apply a cool compress for 15 minutes each hour. Check the skin periodically while using cold compresses.
- Use Tylenol for discomfort if you are not allergic to it.
- Try to sleep with face up and slightly elevated if you experience swelling.
- If you have any questions of concerns, you can call at (910) 323-1234 or email us.