Follow the post peel guidelines to help ensure radiant, healthy skin in just 7 days!
What to expect after your Peel treatment:
- Level of peeling may vary from flaking to heavy peeling
- May experience slight irritation, itchiness and inflammation
- Dark spots may temporarily darken
- If prone to cold sores the treatment may induce a breakout
- Avoid activities that involve excessive sweating for 72-96 hrs after the Peel (including exercising, saunas, hot tubs, and steam room). Sun exposure should be avoided for 7 days after the Peel. Stay hydrated and drink a lot of water!
Take home kit contents:
- Cleanser: Sulfate and paraben free. Effectively removes environmental pollutants, makeup and impurities.
- Post Peel Protectant/Anti-itch cream: Calms inflammation and protects your skin after the Peel.
- Sunscreen SPF50+: Broad spectrum protection from damaging UVA/UVB rays. Lightweight, hydrating, and provides antioxidant protection against free radicals.
- Post Peel Towlettes: All towelettes are very important to use within the first 36 hours. All three must be used to help ensure optimal results.
STEP by STEP care:
Step 1: You may leave the Peel solution on for over 4 hours or cleanse skin. Please do not use hot water if you do choose to cleanse. Gently pat skin dry.
Step 2: Apply first Post Peel Towelette to all areas where the Peel was applied. Rub vigorously.
Step 3: For darker skin tones: Apply a thin layer of the Post Peel Protectant 10 minutes after the first Post Peel Towelette.
Step 4: Optional – You may apply makeup as normal.
Step 5: Night/Before Bed: Cleanse your skin with the Cleanser. Do not use hot water. Gently pat skin dry. Then apply second Post Peel Towelette to all areas where the Peel was applied. Rub vigorously and do not wash off. Sweet dreams!
Step 1: Good morning! Cleanse your skin with Derm Cleanser.
Step 2: Apply a thin layer of the Derm Post Peel Protectant. Apply 2-4 times per day.
Step 3: Apply Sunscreen SPF50+. This is very important even if it is not sunny outside. Apply 2-4 times per day. Have a wonderful day!
Step 4: Night/Before Bed: Cleanse your skin with Cleanser. Do not use hot water. Gently pat skin dry. Apply Post Peel Towelette to all areas where the Peel was applied. Rub vigorously and do not wash off. Good Night!
Day 3-7: Peeling usually begins by day 3: Do not pick off peeling skin. This can cause irritation, scarring and pigmentation.
Step 1: Rise and Shine! Every morning cleanse your skin with Cleanser. Do not use hot water. Gently pat skin dry.
Step 2: Apply Post Peel Protectant 2-4 times per day.
Step 3: Apply Sunscreen SPF50+ 2-4 times per day.
Schedule your follow up appointment. Schedule your 2nd Peel in 3 months.