Laser hair removal or laser hair reduction involves application of laser technology that causes the death of hair follicles. The heat of the laser damages the follicle, and works in pigmented hair.
At Carolina Plastic Surgery of Fayetteville, we have the state of the art laser for all skin types: The Cynosure Laser designed exclusively for safe, rapid, comfortable hair reduction.
Some common myths about laser hair reduction are as follows:
- Laser Hair reduction cannot be done on dark skin tones? Laser Hair reduction can be done on dark skin tones if the treatment is done by an experienced practitioner who has the right tools for the job. At Carolina Plastic Surgery of Fayetteville, PC, all laser hair treatments are done by Dr. Saira Saini who uses the state of the art laser designed for pigmented skin tones.
- Laser Hair removal or laser hair reduction will permanently remove all unwanted hair? Laser Hair Reduction will reduce the hair in the treatment region. It will only treat the hair that is in the active growth phase. This is a natural physiological process.
- Laser Hair Reduction needs to be done only once to get full treatment. False-Laser Hair Reduction will need to be done when the hair is in the rapid growth phase to get the best treatment results. A portion of your hair in your body is in this phase and this hair will have the best results at the time of the treatment. At Carolina Plastic Surgery of Fayetteville, PC, we repeat the treatment on a monthly basis for the first three months to see significant improvement in the amount of hair that is present. Then the patient dictates if they deem further treatments are warranted based on how much hair remains.
- Once you do Laser Hair Reduction, then you do not have to repeat it again for the rest of your life. False-Laser hair reduction needs to be repeated when the amount of hair becomes unacceptable to the patient and they do not wish to shave, pluck, or wax the hair. This takes several years for most patients. Many factors contribute to hair growth and these factors are changing during your life, so the amount and location of your hair also change over time. The density of hair is significantly reduced following a laser hair reduction treatment and this is a permanent reduction in the amount of unwanted hair.
- Where can laser hair reduction be done? Common treatment areas include the lip, armpits, chest, back, legs, chin, and bikini lines, and beard region for men who suffer from folliculitis. Several factors influence outcome, such as skin color, density of hair, and hair color.
- What do I need to do prior to my laser hair reduction treatment? Wash the area free of any make-up, cream or oils. Shave all hair. Refrain from plucking or waxing because you want the laser to destroy the hair follicle which is the target of the laser energy. Refrain from tanning for few days before and few days after laser hair reduction. Wear loose-fitting clothing and cover exposed skin with sunscreen.
- Is the treatment painful? Laser Hair Reduction treatments with Dr. Saini and the Vectus laser last anywhere from 2 mins for the lip or chin to 5 mins for the entire back. The treatments are well-tolerated by most patients and during your consultation, Dr. Saini will review all the techniques she uses to make the experience comfortable for you.
- Who can benefit from laser hair reduction? Everyone, including all skin colors and most hair types. For men, laser hair removal is great for permanently reducing chest and back hair for a cleaner, younger look. For women, it’s a great alternative to creams and waxing for reducing hair on the face and body, including delicate areas around the lips and the bikini line.
Why choose Carolina Plastic Surgery of Fayetteville, PC for laser hair reduction? At Carolina Plastic Surgery of Fayetteville, PC, Dr. Saini uses the Vectus Laser. This laser provides high-volume permanent hair reduction for a wide range of skin and hair types–without sacrificing patient comfort.
Featuring the largest spot size and most uniform beam profile available today, the Vectus laser provides quick treatment of unwanted hair, even in the largest areas, such as the back, in less than five minutes.
At Cynosure, Vectus technology has led the field of permanent hair reduction—from receiving the first FDA clearance for laser hair removal in 1997 to developing the best-selling hair removal laser, to advancing the science of hair removal technology with next-generation technology.
Advanced Features of the Vectus Hair Reduction Laser
Sapphire treatment tips with Advanced Contact Cooling help protect the epidermis and helps keep patients comfortable throughout treatment, while Photon Recycling and the uniform beam profile allow for the most thorough coagulation of hair follicles, reducing the need for multiple, overlapping passes. This significantly adds to patient comfort.
The Vectus Laser features the integrated Skintel Melanin Reader, the only FDA-cleared melanin reader, helping providers to more safely offer optimized hair removal treatments tailored to each patient’s skin type, lifestyle, and ethnicity. Also, each treatment is done by our Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with attention to every need of the patient.
One more thing, benefits include:
- Permanent reduction of facial and body hair
- Fast, easy treatments with little to no downtime
To schedule a consultation, contact Carolina Plastic Surgery of Fayetteville today!